Release date : July 15, 2002. Number of Cards : 154. Date of Cards : 2002. Sold As : Starters (50 cards), Boosters (11 cards), Boosters Box (48 Boosters). AEG product. Nest of Vipers is the fourth Warlord CCG Expansion (Just after The Black Knives Reprint Edition).
After the commercial success of the Black Knives Reprint Editions (aka reprint of Warlord Saga of the Storm first base set, Assassin's Strike (First expansion), and Good and Evil (second expansion)) and Tooth and Claw (Perhaps too strong with there '' planar '' traits, Nest Of Vipers must be a success for AEG. So the game must expanded itself his possbilities, that's why the Multiclass theme were launch. With this expansion, a Character could be now from various muticlass, same thing for some card items and actions of course. With the Multiclass cards, a nex terms has appear : Feats (Feats are special skills the character is trained in (Stealth for example). Thoses Feats are mostly described in the rulebook joint with the Starter deck.
Here are some more informations about the term '' Feats '' that we can find in the Nest of Vipers Rulebook :
Feats are ability that give characters special skill-based actions they can perform. When a Feat is activated, the character makes a Skill check with a D20, adding to the roll his or her skill and any bonus they may have. For instance, a character with Riposte +5 and a Skill of 3 would add 8 to the roll, needing a 12 to be successful.
The Differents Feats are :
* Charisma - React: Once per turn, after another character you control within one rank makes a die roll: Succeed with a Charisma check (DC 20) to force the character to re-roll the die roll.
* Defend - React: Once per turn, after an adjacent character you control is targeted with a strike or action: Succeed with a Defend check (DC 20) to redirect the strike or action to this character.
* Magic Resistance - React: Once per turn, after this character is targeted with a spell: Succeed with a Magic Resistance check (DC 20) to cancel the spell.
* Marksmanship - React: Once per turn, before this character targets a non-spell ranged strike: Succeed with a Marksmanship check (DC 20) to either allow the strike to target an additional rank away, or gain +5 to the die roll, or have the strike inflict an additional wound.
* Medecine - Order: Once per turn, target a wounded character in this rank: Succeed with a Medicine check (DC 20) to remove one wound from the target.
* Powerattack - React: Once per turn, before this character makes a melee strike roll: Succeed with a Powerattack check (DC 20) to have the strike inflict an additional wound.
* Riding - Order: Once per turn, target a spent or stunned Steed equipped to this character: Succeed with a Riding check (DC 20) to ready the target.
* Riposte - React: Once per turn, after target character performs a melee strike against this character: Succeed with a Riposte check (DC 20) to perform a melee strike against the target. (This strike may not be redirected.)
* Sribe - Order:Once per turn, reveal a spell in your hand that this character may cast when ready: Succeed with a Scribe check (DC 20) to attach the spell to this character. This character may later detach the spell to cast it. If the Scribe check fails, discard the spell.
* Stealth - 2 abilities; 1. Order: Once per turn: If this character is ready in the front rank of your formation, succeed with a Stealth check (DC 20) to spend and move him into the front rank of another formation. 2. React: After this character is targeted with a strike: Succeed with a Stealth check (DC 20) to cancel the strike. This action may be performed a number of times per turn equal to the characters level while in another formation plus once per turn while in your formation.
A you can see, Nest of Vipers has introduce some new dimensions in the game and has expend his possibilities. Some new combos with the old cards and some new open doors for the next futures expansion of the game. That was the success of this set.
To bring this success for the players, four themes decks (Starters) were available too with there usual fixed cards. You can check them in our
Nest of Vipers Advertising Release Publicity.